Friday 4 October 2013

Happy Friday

Today started off a bit shaky when I woke up feeling really dazed and confused. I was alone upstairs and it took me a few minutes to realise that Tony and Amelia-Rose were downstairs. I couldn't quite figure out why the house was so quiet!

To kick the day off I had a yellow pepper, apple and grape juice (with pulp, I always keep the pulp in because I can't bare wasting so much food by not drinking it!) which was once again hijacked by Amelia-Rose. WOW! It was SO good, I have a bit of 'throw it all in' approach to making juices. If I think the flavour combination will work together I will give it a try!

I then popped into town to stock up on dried fruit and nuts, dashed home so I was there to take Amelia-Rose to school with Tony and then nipped back into town to get a 'Get Well Soon' present for lovely Gerry who got sick yesterday.

After school I took Amelia-Rose to the chocolate shop which has been our Friday tradition for a long time now. We use to go on a Friday morning but since she started school we have been going on a Friday afternoon. After that we did a bit of clothes shopping for the little lady as the weather is turning cold and then went to my parents house for dinner as my grandparents are down.

All in all it sounds like a pretty average day but it wasn't average... It was a really really good day! Today has been one of those days where everything went my way and I have felt in really high spirits.

All the passers by on the street were super smiley and on more then one occasion a complete stranger stopped to help me out or gave way to me so I could cross the road, one chap gave me the biggest smile and told me to 'Have a nice day' after I thanked him for holding a door open for me.

I love going into town at this time of year because all of the tourists have gone home and it's like all the locals are breathing a sigh of relief. Tourism is vital to our seaside town, I would never wish it away because it's fantastic for local traders but it is nice when the holiday season is over and life gets back to normal! It's sort of like getting the town back.

One day I will write a full post about our lovely town but I want to get out with my camera first so I can include a decent amount of photos.

Today for no reason in particular has filled me with hope and I am going to try to hold on to that hope for as long as possible! I have decided that I am going to really try to stick to a more holistic approach to my illness and blog about it as I go along. I have always been holistic, especially in my approach to parenting but I am yet to fully commit that to my illness.

Writing everyday this week has reignited my passion for writing and I am finding myself looking forward to the time that I can come and sit with the laptop and start writing. I feel a bit of an excited buzz that I have fallen back in love with something that has always been such a huge part of life and I am excited to see what comes from it.

Having said that, tonight's post is a very short one because I have been working on a different writing project and now I need my sleep!

Blessings x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment x