Thursday 22 May 2014

Sunshine and fun times.

I've been a bit quiet this past week and a half because I have been poorly and have felt so queasy I've not spent anytime on the laptop. I always miss updating my blog though when I can't do it! With the amount that I am sick at the minute it is difficult to gage but I think I had a sickness bug last week, it was a whole new level of sickness. That 'virus' sick you know?



Although I haven't been online my blog has very much been on my mind. I have been thinking of various ways I can improve  and promote it, if anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them. I am considering mixing up the posts a bit. Sticking to the original plan of accounting what life is like when you have Hypermobility Syndrome but also producing structured informative posts on various physical aspects of Hypermobility syndrome. For instance, I would write a post about  a specific symptom of hypermobility syndrome such as why joints sub lux and dislocate and the science behind it. Alongside the things you can do to help get the right treatment that you need.

 For my website www.chloeevanslippett.co.uk (shameless plug!) I am working on two information sheets for schools after a few conversations with parents who have children with hypermobility syndrome. I want to produce one with information on how to support a child who has the disease themselves and one on how to support a child who has a parent with the disease. It isn't about receiving special treatment but about being put on the same level playing field with everyone else and creating a strong home school tie. My daughter's school is Absolutely Amazing! Yes two capitals A's. It really is THAT good! When I was in hospital recently I had a wonderful letter of support and get well wishes from the head teacher and her classroom teacher basically, amongst many other wonderfully warm wishes telling me not to worry at all about Amelia-Rose whilst I was in hospital because they were taking good care of her. I have full faith in the school and wouldn't doubt for a second that they wouldn't but it was so sweet that they took the time to write. It would be superb if ALL families living with the disease in one way or another could receive the same support.

My grandparents were down last week and despite the sickness I felt like I got to make the most of seeing them. We had the most beautiful weather too which brightens everybody's step! I LOVE living by the seaside when the weather it good. It makes me feel like we live 'on holiday'. It is pretty awesome.

Amelia-Rose had a friend over Friday night for tea which was wonderful. It's the first time she's had a friend over (one to one, we had the Autumn party back in October, see previous posts) who she didn't go to pre-school with so it sort of felt like a big moment! They have become friends over their shared love of Doctor Who (which she doesn't get from me AT ALL... no really. Ok, I'm lying. I'm a D.W fanatic! Haha!) so I made them Darlek and Cyberman pizza! They looked awesome! If I do say so myself! I have the most amazing pizza dough recipe at the minute, I must remember to update my Bendy Baker blog more often. It is definitely worth trying for anyone who likes a thick pizza crust! Ok, so I can't seem to rotate the photo but I promise you if you cock your head to the right it looks like a Darlek!



I really pushed myself to join in with Tony and Amelia-Rose's sunshine adventures this week and am proud of myself for that.
 I tagged along to a trip to the park Saturday. It was a treat for Amelia-Rose who had been exceptionally well behaved that day (she's always a good girl, like any child she has her moments but there were extenuating circumstances earlier that day and she was absolutely fantastic.)

I was in agony because my back had gone into spasm and was planning to have a steaming hot epsom salt bath whilst they went out but Amelia-Rose asked if I would go and with my operation just around the corner I am trying to make the most of everyday with her knowing it may be a few weeks before I am up and out again. We had a fabulous time at the park. Tony got stuck in as he always does and I was making up adventures for Amelia-Rose once Tony was worn out from the climbs and the swinging and the doing the                                          loop dee loop on the bars!


 I would give her instructions like 'Quick climb over crocodile bridge, hurry the crocodiles are waking up! You're in the swamp now so swim as fast as you can to the mountain and climb up it! Crawl through tickle tunnel but watch out for the tickle monkeys! Down the ski slope and swim back to the aeroplane! (the swing!) It went on and on and she had a fabulous time! It was so engaging she got totally in to it that she started making up her own names for the various things with made up creatures etc. It was such good fun.


I had a rough night Saturday night and had decided that I wasn't going to go to church but was disappointed because I haven't seen anyone since I went into hospital the first time and like I said above may not be able to go to church for a while so again I pushed myself to go and again I am glad I did. Although the physical cost is always so great I really enjoyed seeing Amelia-Rose having a wonderful time and it was nice to see everyone.

I am trying to build memories for the next few weeks ahead. I don't want to look back when I am recovered from my op and think "blimey, I haven't had a life since Easter!"

We then all went my Mum and Dads for lunch for lunch with my grandparents before they went home. I laid out on the sun bed enjoying the sun and throwing balls made out for tin foil for the children who just had a blast! Tony joined in as he always does although he was more determined to get it in the wooden wendy house then anything else! Haha! Which, to give him his glory he did! It was a VERY impressive shot because the garden is HUGE and we were no where near the wendy house! Not only did he get it in he got it in through the tiny little door!

So, that was the weekend. All in all a good one. I managed to have a lovely time with my family despite the pain which is a victory to be celebrated all in                                          itself!

Monday was stairlift day! YAHOOOOOO!! I was so excited! Honestly! It felt like Christmas! Unfortunately the day got off to a terrible start because Amelia-Rose screamed when we dropped her off at school. She got herself so worked up, it was real panic. Gosh it broke my heart. We got out onto the playground and I started to cry myself! It's so hard because I know once we leave she is fine and settles quickly and loves it but it's like she is terrified something is going to happen to me whilst she is at school!

Fortunately my Dad took the assembly at school that day so when I was on the phone to my mum he told her to say to me she went bright red when she realised it was Granddad taking the assembly! Ha!

The stairlift went in with no problems and I loooooooooove it!

I am going to post this up now because it's taken me all week on and off to write! I started Monday and it is now Friday morning! I haven't slept since wednesday night and am off shopping with my Dad today to get some things I need for my operation next week. I have so much more I want to write but am going to get this post up now because I need to get Amelia-Rose ready for school.

x x x Blessings x x x

1 comment:

  1. Chloe this is fantastic reading and puts those of us who have complications following surgery to shame! I am certain that with your fanatical devotion to your family and your sheer guts you will come through this next major step in your life and you will move on to greater things. Please remember despite all the complications over the arrangements for the trip of a lifetime to London you take with you the love, devotion and prayers of those of us who have come to know you through your situation. God speed Chloe and let them know who's boss!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment x