Sunday 6 April 2014

Just a silly post

When I was in hospital during what we shall call "the morphine week"I took a bunch of random photos that I guess at the time felt important?! Thought I would post them and maybe you can appreciate their 'abstractness'. They may at least make you laugh at their pointlessness! I must admit one night I was aware that I was hallucinating and remember distinctly saying to myself "Just remember none of this is real" but still being really cross with the black hippo that was sat in my wheelchair!

I fell asleep last night at 10ishpm and woke up today at... Wait for it... 1.20PM! :-O When I asked Tony what time it was I was expecting him to say 9.30am. I never expected to hear 1.20pm! Never in my life have I slept so long. I'm the woman that has insomnia and barely gets more then a few hours sleep if I sleep at all!! 16 hours sleep. 16!!!! Shows how tired my body is at the minute!

Poor Amelia-Rose is under the weather, Tony said she woke at about 9.50am (unheard of!) was awake for a while then fell asleep till 11, she was happy to just lay on the bed watching telly (again unheard of) and didn't make any effort to get up. Then when I woke up she asked for lunch but didn't eat it and fell asleep again. I took her temperature and it was a scorching 38.2. At 5.30 she got up for a while and asked for tea but again didn't eat it then asked if she could go to bed and has fallen straight to sleep. There's a nasty cold viral thing going around that I am told feels like flu. I suspect she has that as she has been complaining of a headache.

I may not be good for much at the minute but mummy cuddles I can do!

After my experience in hospital with Jane I spent a lot of time last night looking into training to be a councillor. I can't get over how natural it felt. I didn't feel over whelmed or out of my depth listening to her life story that was filled with tragedy.

I felt completely at home talking with her, guiding her, talking her down from her desperation and it got me thinking. Maybe I have found a vocation...

I have always wanted to help people and I believe the kindest and easiest thing you can do for someone is build them up. It doesn't take much to say hello to someone and follow it up with a genuine specific compliment. You're hair looks lovely, you're such a wonderful person etc Just a short sentence to make that person pause for a second and let themselves be complicated.

I would love to dedicate part of my professional life to helping people who are hurting and the other part to making people feel enriched artistically with my music.

I will reflect on it for a while but I really think I may be on to something...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment x