Saturday 31 December 2016

Star gazing

When I was a little girl my mum and I would sit on the swing seat in the garden, look at the stars and sing "Would you like to swing on a star" together which is something I always enjoyed so much I would dream of doing with my own daughter if I ever had one which, of course, thanks to the grace of God I did!

So this one is for my mum and Amelia-Rose...

Star gazing

Splashes of silver
Spray across the sky
And fade into non existence.
We'll talk of adventures
As the stars dance above us
And a blanket of darkness surrounds us
And in this moment


I have never felt so loved,
Nor loved as much as I do now, 

Your breath swirls into mist
Your spoken words are frozen onto my heart
And with our hands entwined
I'll plead to the universe 

"Please never let us part"

But you have growing to do, 
And I'm your mother, 
Here to nurture, 
Not to smother, 

So just for now, 
For this moment, 
In this place, 
As the air tickles our skin, 
And the night pulls us in, 

The bats play above us, 
And the world spins on in spite of us, 

Lets
      Just 
            Love 



Happy 2017 everyone! I hope and pray you have a truly blessed year! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment x